Significant shocks to global supply chains during the pandemic opened consumers’ eyes to the importance of effective supply chain management. Rarely have supply-chain leaders had to work through such challenging, complex and uncertain conditions. And rarely has the spotlight illustrated the need for professionals to effectively build and manage resilient supply chains.
That makes the 2021 Florida Supply Chain Summit, slated for March 9 from 9 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. and offered on a virtual platform, especially timely.
The COVID-19 pandemic demonstrated the essential nature of effective supply chain operations, including the ability to order online and deliver food, pharmaceuticals and other goods to consumers’ homes. To spotlight this, Walmart executives will open the summit in a keynote address that details plans for Florida.
As part of a panel on Florida’s thriving pharmaceutical and life sciences industry, executives from FedEx, Amgen, Woodfield Distribution and Walgreens will talk about Florida’s cold chain support of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution. The event is free but advance registration is required.
Keynotes and Panel Sessions:
- Walmart & Florida: A Supply Chain Story! Walmart senior supply chain executives will share highlights of the booming Florida retail landscape.
- Florida’s Economic Advantage: The Case for Investment in Florida Supply Chains. Statewide leaders will unveil the Florida advantage such as business-friendly tax incentives, progressive workforce development and the digital revolution (during a post-crisis revival).
- Florida Distribution and Logistics – The Boom Continues. Experts in the industrial real estate, container ocean shipping and trucking sectors will provide an update and an outlook on retail distribution, last-mile delivery and global supply chains.
- Pushing the Boundaries in Florida’s Freight Plan. Leaders will discuss strategic planning for freight mobility, connected and autonomous vehicles, and spaceports.
- The State of Supply Chain Technology. Leading-edge technology experts will provide an update on artificial intelligence, robotics, wearable mobile devices and more.
- Pharmaceutical Supply (Cold) Chains Meet the COVID-19 Vaccine Challenge. Executives from FedEx, Amgen, Woodfield Distribution and Walgreens will discuss the pharma supply chain lifecycle and Florida’s support of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
Who Should Attend:
More than 300 logistics providers and others involved in supply chain management are expected to attend the summit. It is designed for:
- Transportation Providers
- Logistics Providers
- Government Officials
- Supply Chain Educators
- Students majoring in supply chain management