Washington, D.C. – On Tuesday, March 12, Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson and Congressman Bill Posey, co-chairs of the Florida Ports Caucus, will host a meeting to discuss the state’s port priorities and needs. Caucus members will hear from representatives from the Florida Ports Council and industry and administration officials on the state of Florida’s ports.
The bipartisan caucus advocates for federal policy on behalf of the state’s 15 public seaports and provides a platform to address legislative priorities and help create and sustain port-related jobs.
“Our delegation has a powerful bipartisan interest in supporting Florida’s ports, which are the lifeblood of so many coastal cities’ economies. This Congress, we will look to build on recent successes, such as the passage of the Water Resources Development Act, which included seven amendments offered by Florida Ports Caucus members,” said Congresswoman Wilson.
- Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson; Congressman Bill Posey; Congresswoman Lois Frankel; Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart; and Florida Ports Caucus members pending their availability
- Juan Kuryla, Port Director and CEO of PortMiami and Chair of the Florida Ports Council
- Kelly Craighead, CEO, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)
- Diane J. Sabatino, Director of Field Operations, Miami and Tampa field offices, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Kevin Shea, Administrator, U. S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Ryan Seiger, Staff Director, Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Where: 2261 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC, 20515
When: March 12, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Congresswoman Frederica S. Wilson is a fourth-term Congresswoman from Florida representing parts of Northern Miami-Dade and Southeast Broward counties. A former state legislator and school principal, she is the founder of the 5000 Role Models for Excellence Project, a mentoring program for young males at risk of dropping out of school. Congresswoman Wilson also founded and chairs the Florida Ports Caucus, a bipartisan taskforce that coordinates federal action in support of Florida’s harbors and waterways. The Florida lawmaker sits on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and the Education and the Workforce Committee, and chairs the Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor and Pensions
For More Information Contact:
Joyce Jones, Communications Director