The Board of Directors of the Ocean Highway & Port Authority of Nassau County, Florida (“OHPA”), is seeking proposals and qualifications for an Interim Port Director. This position shall have a six (6) month term and the person holding the Interim position shall not apply for or be considered for the permanent position, should OHPA seek to fill such a position. Interested candidates should submit a formal proposal, as further outlined below, to Rossana Hebron at email@example.com, no later than January 03, 2022.
The Interim Port Director will be responsible for representing OHPA and acting on behalf of OHPA pursuant to its State Charter. The ideal candidate will have extensive port operations and related logistics experience, preferably in the State of Florida, along with experience with the following:
• State and Federal grant application review and submittal, grant administration, compliance, and management, and grant fund distributions;
• Representation of a board of directors composed of elected officials;
• Coordination with and management of day-to-day port operations;
• Community engagement and community liaison;
• Intergovernmental engagement at the local level, and;
• Strategic, master and capital improvement planning.
The Interim Port Director will be required to attend all public meetings of OHPA, including community meetings associated with OHPA’s port master planning efforts. The Interim Port Director will also be expected to attend other local government meetings in and around Nassau County/the City of Fernandina Beach, FL. More information regarding the Port of Fernandina can be found at https://www.portoffernandina.org.